TRANSLATOR

Indigo Awareness Ribbon

Indigo Awareness Ribbon

Blog DISCLAIMERS

Please be advised that this written work is theory. It's theorizing, pondering and amateur research. For legal reasons I state that I have no actual belief in these theories as fact, if I did I would have sought legal recourse. Until that occurs this blog can only be considered theory. If it does then any and all actions PAST AND FUTURE that have been taken against me during the years producing this work will be labeled war crimes under international law and any other legal protections that apply.
I am a writer, an activist and artist. I claim my RIGHT TO EXIST legally under US Constitution and international law.

This is an educational blog for awareness as well as sometimes a telling of candid personal experiences to demonstrate theories as they might be experienced by a person who theoretically is existing under such conditions. Thus the 'candid' expression, poetic license and marketing myself as product or character. This is NOT a journal or diary.
Being a reasonable person of sound mind if I had concerns for my safety or others I would take responsible action for self care as my established medical history can demonstrate.
Any actions taken against me by others questioning my sanity or competence based on my produced work will be construed as activist/dissident intimidation and whistle blower retaliation and proper legal action will be taken against you by my family and support system.

Be warned that no further interference with my production of meaningful work as an artist and activist will be tolerated.

Thursday, December 24, 2009

in ER from allergic reaction to Bactrim, anaphylaxis

I recall taking Bactrim years ago maybe once in my twenties. I dont recall having a reaction.
I was resting for the day and and my trucker host was off getting rig fixed.

Red welts werent alarming but the trouble breathing was. Within a half hour or less or taking this medication. it was prescribed a yesterday but I didnt start taking it until today. FOR SOME REASON I PUT IT OFF AS WELL AS SOMETHING KEPT TELLING ME TO FORGET IT AND THE UTI SYMPTOMS HAD IMPROVED SO DONT BOTHER TAKING THEM.

As usual I should have taken heed of my intuition, I often to and things turn out allright.

this is the first time i have been treated for a UTI with this medication. When the doc gave it too me she just said "you dont have any trouble with sulfa drugs do you?" and it was very in passing with everything else she was telling me. She really should have asked me more as well as discussed it further.

The hospital was OK but the male nurse was sort of a jerk. I just wonder how many people know who I am or just treat me badly becuz I look so poor right now as I was bumming around the room just trying to get writing done. i notice the city i am in the way i am dressed for sure causes attention as well as a judgement. In Boston they would just think i was a student or whatever. The nurse acted like he was trying to hide something by saying "well it might be an allergic reaction to the medication we dont know but it looks like it is".

I could swear when I was leaving he said "ok time to kick you out the front door" but I could he wrong..I just went "what?" like did he really say that? or what did you say? and he put his thumb out and jerked it in the direction of its time to go. i mean he did his job but the way he treated me while having this severe reaction made me feel worse about just everything.

I could swear I heard his discussing something about stress in reference to me outside the curtain or in passing in the hallway.

The creepiest thing that happened was a man perhaps an EMT was pushing a patient with all these tubes unconshus (yes i spell it phonetically-deal with it.) he looked into my ER room and as he passed said "merrrrry Xmas" and i did not here him conversing with anyone before or after that statement. It was very cynical or a bit sarcastic..

these incidents and others like it are so hard becuz everyone did thier job medically speaking.
also the man passing by could have just been a jerk who is very into being depressed about his job during xmas and isnt the world a mess. the other guy could have been just a jerk.

it was scary anyway the reaction. i just shouldnt have taken them as my intuition told me..in a round about way i guess.
i cant complain too much as everyone did what they were supposed to do and the firemen and ambulance people were ok.
-------------------------------------------------
amended Jan 2011:
(one year later at Xmas a police car wud pass the Harvard CoOp where I was sleeping and a policewoman would use the intercom to say the exact same thing with just the same amount of nastiness.)

3 comments:

  1. I had to go to the ER about a year ago and the EMT's that time were none too nice. One made a crack about the wheelchair they put me in to bring me into the hospital. "What a BIG wheelchair" they said as they banged it against the door frame to my ER exam room. I can fit into a standard size wheelchair when I need one as I used one during the next ER visit.

    I had to go one time since then and the EMT's and hospital staff were at least nice that time.

    Antibiotics are weird. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. I've never been allergic but I've had them quit working on me and then you have to go to a stronger one, which is scary. And even though the antibiotic is useless on your infection it can still do a number on your stomach and give you the runs. I've had the antibiotic you've described and it has worked on me when I've been very sick with upper respiratory infections. When I was a kid, penicillin always worked but now amoxicillin is like taking sugar pills.

    Glad you made it out OK. I've had nurses/techs at my doctor's perp me something awful and there's little you can do. I wish I was in perfect health. My grandmother took no drugs until the last year of her life. There is only one perp I just can't stand at all and hate her so much that I am ahem, not nice to her. Well there is more than one but she is the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a Merry Christmas and let's hope the New Year is better than this one has been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you can be made ill by a mouldy orange in the car, then you probably do need to be careful of some medications, especially penicillin-derived ones.

    Being stalked does seem to make one more vulnerable to allergies. Watch out for latex, as medics prefer to wear cheap latex gloves to expensive nitrile ones. If you are latex-sensitive, then most condoms will give all similar symptoms to UTI. Try wearing an ordinary, non-hypoallergenic, latexy sticking plaster for a couple of hours on an arm or leg. If your skin is red when you take it off, you need to notify medical staff that you may be latex allergic.

    durex avanti ultima condoms are synthetic and safe.

    Medawar once came round from a wisdom tooth operation, to discover that they'd stuck latex dressings over his eyes to "protect" them during the procedure. First time recovery room staff had ever seen someone in so much pain from his eyes that he didn't notice wisdom-tooth removal type pain!

    There are quite a lot of alternative anti-biotics that you can take, if allergic to amoxycillin and penicillin, but you have to put up with side-effects, usually to do with the bowels. None of these side effects is as bad as swelling up, turning red and being unable to put your shoes on in order to reach medical help, which is what an amoxycillin reaction can do to you!

    ReplyDelete