Here is the add that is being blocked on Craigslist boston:
( Electronics)- $xx
Date: 2010-09-28, 12:35PM EDT
Reply to: your anonymous craigslist address will appear here [Errors when replying to ads?]
Too heavy for me to carry backpacking. (electronics). New in box. Proof of purchase upon request.
Please remember that we don't edit or proofread your posting and that the responsibility for the content is yours.
Here is the error message:
This posting is being blocked (Blocking Log Entry 1452749):
Common reasons include:
* Essentially the same
item has been posted to multiple cities or categories, or more than once in 48 hours
* Post contains a link or URL to a commercial website or auction
* Personal ad appears to contain a phone #, email address, or URL
Many laws, regulations and policies, in a variety of jurisdictions, regulate the goods and services that may be bought and sold. For your convenience, we have prepared a list of some of the types of prohibited and restricted items the advertisement for sale of which is not permitted on craigslist.
craigslist users remain responsible for complying with all applicable laws, regulations or restrictions on items, services, or manner of sale, payment or exchange, that may apply to transactions in which they participate -- including but not limited to those imposed by the state of California, where the craigslist service physically resides. We encourage you to research the applicable laws and regulations that may apply to your transaction.
Partial list of items for sale and services the advertisement of which is not permitted on craigslist:
* Obscene material or child pornography.
* Offer or solicitation of illegal prostitution.
* Weapons and related items, including but not limited to firearms, disguised, undetectable or switchblade knives, martial arts weapons, scopes, silencers, ammunition, ammunition magazines, BB guns, tear gas or stun guns.
* Items issued to United States Armed Forces that have not been disposed of in accordance with Department of Defense demilitarization policies.
* Fireworks, including but not limited to "safe and sane" fireworks or any destructive devices or explosives.
* Controlled substances or illegal drugs, substances and items used to manufacture controlled substances and drug paraphernalia.
* Alcohol or tobacco products.
* Prescription drugs and medical devices, including but not limited to prescription or contact lenses, defibrillators, hypodermic needles or hearing aids.
* Nonprescription drugs that make false or misleading treatment claims or treatment claims that require FDA approval.
* Blood, bodily fluids or body parts.
* Household pets of any kind including but not limited to dogs, cats, primates, cage birds, rodents, reptiles, amphibians, fish. Re-homing with small adoption fee OK
* Pet animal parts, blood, or fluids - including but not limited to stud/breeding service
* Restricted or regulated plants and insects, including but not limited to noxious weeds, endangered plant species, or live insects or pests.
* Pesticides or hazardous substances, or items containing hazardous substances including but not limited to contaminated toys, or art or craft material containing toxic substances without a warning label.
* Illegal telecommunications equipment, including but not limited to access cards, password sniffers, access card programmers and unloopers, or cable descramblers
* Stolen property, or property with serial number removed or altered.
* Burglary tools, including but not limited to lock-picks or motor vehicle master keys
* False identification cards, items with police insignia, citizenship documents, or birth certificates.
* Counterfeit currency, coins and stamps, tickets, as well as equipment designed to make them.
* Counterfeit, replica, or knock-off brand name goods.
* Material that infringes copyright, including but not limited to software or other digital goods you are not authorized to sell, warez, bootlegs (without consent of the band).
* Airline tickets that restrict transfer, and tickets of any kind which you are not authorized to sell.
* Coupons or gift cards that restrict transfer, and coupons or gift cards which you are not authorized to sell.
* Gambling items, including but not limited to lottery tickets, sports trading card 'grab bags', raffle tickets, sweepstakes entries or slot machines.
* Used or rebuilt batteries, or batteries containing mercury.
* Used bedding and clothing, unless sanitized in accordance with law.
* Non-packaged food items or adulterated food.
* Bulk email or mailing lists that contain names, addresses, phone numbers, or other personal identifying information"
Here is my letter to them through the contact link. Calling them resulted in them telling me to use the website:
phone num used for acct
retype email address
subject blocked from posting
describe the issue
(please provide post ID numbers,
error messages, etc) you are still blocking my posts. I only want to sell electronic equipment that is too heavy for my back pack. There is no reason to block the ads. The ad only says that I want to sell a dvd player. My other ad is looking for housing for myself and a fellow traveler. I could post last month but I am now blocked no matter what I do and none of the possible reasons apply to me. Why is it that I seem blocked every since the adult ban went into effect. If you can link my ad to adult services then you would be in the right however my ad has never been linked to adult services. Unless you give a good reason
for the ban then its got to be a great coincidence and I dont like what its intimating. Make it so I can post or provide a good reason
why I am not allowed to post on Criagslist."
The other post I tried to put up simply is looking for housing for myself and a fellow traveler. The posts I had up to sell an inverter last month were not interferred with at all. This has been occuring this month but I didnt use my account until this week so I dont know when exactly it started. The timing is very suspect. There is no reason that every ad I try to post up as of this month gets this error message. None of it applies. Its harassment plain and simple unless they have a different rationale.
I have only posted ads for housing in CA and selling a few electonics items to lighten my back pack here in MA.
Craigslist pulled the same thing more overtly (without an error message) in 2006 preventing me from posting any ads for roomates no matter how I tried. It was overt tech interference with no error messages for an excuse.
(the electronics in question was kind of a gift. Before anyone gets offended you have to understand Ihavent had money for food, laundry or gear for past 2 weeks. My SD card is finally worn out and broke so I cant film or edit whats on the damaged card. This money would have been very useful.)