TRANSLATOR

Indigo Awareness Ribbon

Indigo Awareness Ribbon

Blog DISCLAIMERS

Please be advised that this written work is theory. It's theorizing, pondering and amateur research. For legal reasons I state that I have no actual belief in these theories as fact, if I did I would have sought legal recourse. Until that occurs this blog can only be considered theory. If it does then any and all actions PAST AND FUTURE that have been taken against me during the years producing this work will be labeled war crimes under international law and any other legal protections that apply.
I am a writer, an activist and artist. I claim my RIGHT TO EXIST legally under US Constitution and international law.

This is an educational blog for awareness as well as sometimes a telling of candid personal experiences to demonstrate theories as they might be experienced by a person who theoretically is existing under such conditions. Thus the 'candid' expression, poetic license and marketing myself as product or character. This is NOT a journal or diary.
Being a reasonable person of sound mind if I had concerns for my safety or others I would take responsible action for self care as my established medical history can demonstrate.
Any actions taken against me by others questioning my sanity or competence based on my produced work will be construed as activist/dissident intimidation and whistle blower retaliation and proper legal action will be taken against you by my family and support system.

Be warned that no further interference with my production of meaningful work as an artist and activist will be tolerated.

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Rape Tunnel (Psychological Art Experiment): Humans Dare To Hate-Only In Safety

http://thelastpsychiatrist.com/2010/01/im_building_a_rape_tunnel.html


"Why so much hostility? First, you don't have to go in. 
 More importantly, why is this level of anger not directed at actual rapists? Years ago I lived near 180 and Broadway in NYC. That's a Rape Tunnel. If you go there there will be a guy waiting to rape you.....But no one is taking the A train north to kill that guy. In fact, you've basically accepted his existence, you've ceded that entire neighborhood to him. You don't like him, of course, but you don't hate him, you just put him out of your mind, you put that entire area out of your mind. Meanwhile, this artist, an ordinary man, who is only raping volunteers, who has not actually raped anyone-- that guy needs AIDS."

"First, the rage comes because this guy is weaker than us. When we feel safe, when we're not afraid (of him), we're free to explode in rage. (That's why there's road rage and not elevator rage.)

In every horror movie I have ever watched, no one, neither characters nor audience, hated the killer. They're too afraid to hate. In fact, sometimes they side with the killer-- think of an audience of teen boys laughing at the funny/horrifying way the victim was butchered. (And, in reverse: only when they start to hate, when they feel the rage, do they become powerful enough to kill the killer.)"



"V. How To Rape Everyone At Once

There's a lesson here.

If you're running, say, a newspaper, and want the population to fear someone, you focus on identity and offer no other details not consistent with that identity; you fix the identity as primary. You don't describe him, you declare him.

To make people hate someone, start from fear but then attack the identity. Offer otherwise irrelevant information that puts them not in a negative light-- too obvious-- but in a contrasting light. "

-----------
"Fear assumes limitless possibilities: the thing you fear has infinite power, infinite resources, infinite resolve, unknown identity
Hate comes when you know them.
Cyril Connolly did not say, "if it bleeds, we can kill it." But he should have."

No comments:

Post a Comment